Join me for a free 2-part mini-workshop:
How to Get a Strong Start Talking About Sex in Therapy:
Why, When, How, and Then What?
Do You Find You…
- Feel inadequate working with clients’ sex issues?
- Worry you will be outside your scope of practice if you discuss sex?
- Feel uncertain about how, when, or why to open the conversation?
- Worry you will miss something important?
- Have difficulty sorting overlapping issues into a treatment plan?
- Are uncertain when to keep the client and when to refer?
If any of the above sound familiar, this workshop will make a significant difference in your practice right away.
I’m giving away this material because I truly believe your clients need you to include discussion of sex in the normal course of therapy. It is my mission to help therapists everywhere have the tools they need to do so with comfort, confidence, and skill.
At the end of this workshop you will:
- Know why it will benefit you, your clients, and your practice to discuss sex issues in therapy
- Feel confident opening the discussion because you know the right questions to ask, and how
- Know why referring to sex therapists isn’t enough
- Be able to use a simple yet powerful brief assessment tool
- Know you have covered the bases and haven’t missed anything important
- Be able to identify potentially urgent issues in order to prevent harm
- Know when, why, and to whom to make referrals
Free 2-part mini-workshop
Please enter your first name and email address to enroll in “How to Get a Strong Start Talking About Sex in Therapy:
Why, When, How, and Then What?”
Your information will be held in strict confidence and will never be used for spam or given to a third party.
Martha is amazing. She’s such an incredibly skilled teacher. She has such clarity in the way she presents…she’s a complete expert in what she does. Her passion for her work comes across very strongly, and she has a way of being able to make complicated subjects really easy to understand.
Nancy St. John, Couples Counselor, Ireland
Martha has an incredible talent to teach complicated material in a digestible way. Every time I have heard Martha present, I have implemented what I have learned in my sessions right away. I am incredibly grateful for all I have learned from her and believe the couples I work with have benefited from all she has taught me.
Kelly Scharver, Couples Counselor, Virginia
Martha’s brief assessment has become my go-to tool for initiating conversations around sexual challenges, and assessing the components. It gives me a clean, simple, easy-to-remember format. I also use it to to track my clients’ progress over time.
Rev. Erich Moraine, Certified IFS Practitioner
I have used Martha Kauppi’s brief assessment tool twice now with clients (since learning it yesterday) and IT’S LIKE MAGIC! Wow! So happy to have that — thank you, thank you!
Jenny Glick, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Denver, CO
Martha’s brief assessment is a fantastic tool. It helps me elicit crucial information and categorize a labyrinth of possible concerns regarding sexual interactions. My clients have stated that the questions are gentle and thorough, and allow them to focus on parts of their sexual interactions they have not even considered previously.
Lauren C. Ostrowski, MA, LPC, NCC, DCC, CCTP
Licensed Professional Counselor, Pennsylvania
Martha brings expertise, knowledge and skills to the teaching arena, as well as acceptance of every student wherever they may be on the learning curve. As her student I felt completely comfortable to ask any question that came to mind. Martha’s very calm and matter of fact approach to this topic creates an openness and acceptance in the class environment I have seldom experienced with other teachers.
Alexa Elkingtion, MFT Las Vegas, NV
Enroll in the free mini-workshop and begin today to explore the material, use new skills, and increase your confidence working with sex issues in therapy!