Would you like to feel comfortable, confident, and competent working with relational challenges related to polyamory?
If so, this course is for you.
Polyamory in Therapy:
A Deep Dive Into Clinical Strategies for Challenging Cases
Polyamory in Therapy will give you the grounding you need to tackle everything from broken agreements to new relationship energy, coming-out challenges, family issues, jealousy, and much more. Each 90-minute online class will have an information briefing, live Q&A, and case discussion. I’ll also provide worksheets, handouts, and exercises I’ve developed over my years of experience helping polyamorous people create strong, functional relationships.
In this course, you will discover:
- How to help your clients explore many options for how they might open their relationship, including weighing pros and cons, understanding risks and benefits, and exploring differences of opinion between partners
- How to guide your clients as they craft strong relationship agreements for their non-monogamous partnership, helping them avoid common pitfalls and recover from setbacks
- How to assess what went wrong with previous failed attempts to open the relationship, and how to help clients recover and move forward strongly
- How to examine your own belief systems about marriage, relationship, and fidelity, in order to better serve clients who are very different from yourself without getting thrown off course
- What you need to know about BDSM/Kink and LGBTQAI+ populations in order to work effectively with the overlapping marginalized groups that make up the polyamory community
- Why I love working with polyamorous people and relationships, and why I think you’ll love it too!
Plus, you’ll walk away with:
- Nuts-and-bolts information about a variety of consensual non-monogamies, including pitfalls and benefits of each
- 13 worksheets and handouts, including several that you can offer your clients
- 9 CEUs approved by AASECT,* with active participation and following successful completion of a learning assessment