Desire discrepancy is one of the most challenging issues for relationship therapists to work with.
Want a strategy briefing from an expert?
“Not Tonight, Dear”:
Helping Clients Transform Differences in Sexual Desire
In this 90-minute course, originally produced by the Couples Institute, you’ll learn powerful strategies for working with entrenched desire discrepancies—even when the couples facing them feel hopeless.
- How an improvisational sexual style and differentiation of self go together…and how the intersection of those solve a host of sexual challenges.
- How working on sexual issues can help your clients build differentiation.
- The differences between spontaneous and responsive desire, and how to help your couples understand the difference.
Plus, I’ll cover…
- The mischief caused by garden-variety consent violations.
- Why “birthday sex” is a flawed construct.
- The sensitive and effective way to discuss erectile problems.
- The surprising reason why you don’t often need to do an in-depth sex history, and the few times you do.
What You’ll Receive:
- A 90 minute recorded presentation on working with desire discrepancy in therapy
- The presentation slides
- My comprehensive brief assessment, as a handout for you to print out and keep
- My “History of the Present Problem” deep dive assessment to help you uncover the root causes of a sex issue, as a handout for you to print out and keep
- 1.5 CEUs approved by American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)*
*This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 1.5 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.